Here are a few of the events that take place each year
- Trevithick Day
Every year Camborne proudly celebrates the central part it played in Britain’s industrial revolution with Trevithick Day when steam engines of every shape and size parade through the town including a replica of the Puffing Devil,the first steam locomotive created by Richard Trevithick. Local brass bands march through the streets followed by dancers and stalls are set up creating a carnival atmosphere to the town. http://www.trevithick-day.org.uk
- Good Friday Concert
This takes place at Camborne’s Wesley Church, continuing for over a 100 years providing musical interest at Easter time.
- Duchy College Rosewarne Open Day – fantastic free fun day out with lots to see and do.
Activities include animal handling, digger challenge, dog grooming demonstrations, farm tours, plant sales, pond dipping, sheep shearing, tractor riders and worm charming!
Plus competitions, careers advice, refreshments and much more.
FREE Entry and Parking.
- Camborne Show – Agricultural show with heavy horses, show jumping, birds, poultry, dog show, pony club games, trade stands and lots more besides!
- Portreath holds a range of surfing championships each July
- Praze-an-Beeble Carnival
- Kehelland Tea Treat
In the tradition of Sunday Schools who would take their chuildren on a yearly outing and provide a tea treat bun often the size of a dinner plate, so the village of Kehelland celebrates each year with a tea treat parade led by the Camborne Youth Band. Each year there are lots of actrivities to enjoy including demonstrations by the police and fire brigade, craft stalls, art exhibitions, etc.
- Carnhell Green Vintage and Classic Car Rally Wallow in nostalgia at this huge vintage and classic car rally
- Camborne/Redruth Canine Society “Top Dog in Cornwall”
- Camborne Music Festival
This annual event which takes place at the Wesleyan Centenerary Church is a wonderful opportunity for amateur musicians individually and in ensembles to compete at a range of levels and to be judged by a professional adjudicator.
- Camborne Lantern Parade and Lights Switch On
- Gwel an Mor Christmas Celebration – Open to all, a traditional celebration and a chance to enjoy the true spirit of Christmas time.